|Header Item||Best Location|
|Contact Info (Email, Phone)||Right|
|Call to Action Button||Right|
|Login & Sign Up||Right|
– Logo should be relevant of your services.
– Logo should be Memorable and use it everywhere like social media pages, profiles, banners, emails, newsletters etc.
– Company full name in logo is a good idea.
– Logo should be on left hand side of the website.
– Always open home page on Logo click.
– Use Best Tag line with logo, play with emotions in your logo tag line.
– Use small logo for mobile and tablet website because above of the fold should not be wasted by logo. So consult with your web designer and make small size logo for mobile and tablets.
– Logo should be unique, don’t copy from big brands. People don’t like copy websites.
– The menu must be fixed at the center
– Avoid any Submenus, if possible
– Highlight the current opening page in menu using pointers, underline, color, weight, background, etc.
– Add the email and phone no. on the left-hand side of the header.
– It’s a standard format that people find login and instantly sign up in the header and so, the best location for it would be the right hand side of the page.
– Fix Site Search on the right hand side and open search in form of a popup or in new page.
– Fix the call to action button on right side of the page.
You can also add here, the important items like notifications, dashboard, My Account, Checkout etc.
Keeping Social Media, Language & currency change option etc. in header section is not a good idea. It creates a lot of clutter on the page.