Hi, I am going to explain here some important points about the Google’s latest update E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trust). You should learn about E-A-T guidelines before start content writing for SEO.
YMLP (Your Money or Your Life)
Avoid Poor Quality YMYL (Your Money or Your Life) pages. Content which are negatively affecting users safety, happiness, health and finance are not good for Google ranking.
Example – Suppose a website have content about cancer but the information is wrong which can damage people health. Google is throwing down these sites by YMLP policy.
Content Creator (Author) Reputation
- Author reputation on the internet is also be considered by Google.
- So add Author Details on The page with bio, image, designation.
- It would be better if some articles have been written by author on other sites as well.
- Mention in the author bio, why they are qualified to write on this subject.
- Also add author social media links. May be google see author’s social media reputation as well.
- It would be better if Content is written by an expert rather than a normal content writer (A normal content writer means who write content on any topic.)
Example – SEO Content should be written by an SEO expert.
Website Information for Trust
- Add about us, contact us, address, phone number in the website so users can trust and know you well.
- Add terms & condition, private policy and refund policy links.
- Make sure you don’t have payment refund and other fraud related complaints.
Reviews & Complaints: Good amounts positive reviews / less negative reviews / more good reviews than competitors on trusted third party reviews sites such as TrustPilot, BBB, Yelp, Google My business (Local) help in SEO ranking according to EAT Google Update. Even google will see user complaints of your website. Poor reviews/rating on these third party popular sites can damage your ranking.
Mentioned by People: How many people are searching your website by brand name, and bookmark your website and how may people are mentioning your website are also a website reputation signal for Google E-A-T update.
How to check pages where people mention your website.
I have 29 results. It will increase day by day so Google can judge your website reputation is increasing rapidly. This is a positive sign for ranking.
Backlinks on Reputed Sites
Articles (link mentioned) on well known sites like wikipedia, the new york times, forbes, ibm etc. (Google have this list)
Avoid backlinks creation by spammy techniques. Google knows which backlinks are natural and which are not. Just focus on reputed sites.
Content popularity is different thing from website popularity.
Your content should be popular, Google may calculate it by given things.
- How many people are sharing your content on the social media, forums and other sites.
- How many experts are giving your content reference and recommendation.
- Don’t have incorrect and misleading information in the content.
e.g. – Mentioning in meta tag Free but inside paid.
- Content quality is everything, make sure you don’t have thin content, too many pages on similar topics, similar content on too many pages.
- If thin content still useful for users then noindex them. Also avoid low quality auto-generated and user generated content.
- Also regularly update your content if require.
Make sure your popups and ads are not interrupting to read the main content to users.